Life Skills and Confidence Courses for Teenagers
Come to an Info Evening. These events are for parents and teens to find out what Discovery for Teens is all about. For evenings in your area see below, contact the Discovery office on 0800 493 968 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discovery for Teens on YouTube
For more information click here
Discovery is a fun and exciting residential life skills and academics course for 14-18 year olds.
- A powerful and incredibly successful programme with huge benefits for teens and their parents.
- A really fun and enjoyable week
- Led by facilitators who are supported by specially trained volunteer staff at a aratio of 1 staff member for every 2-3 teens
- A safe and supportinve environmane tfor transition to adulthood
- A positive, high-engergy environment fille diwth excitement and challendges which provides an opportunity for teens to explore their untapped potential.
- Full of amazing activity-based experiences that explore how to be successful in all areas of life.
- An opportunity to meet new people and establish friends for life.
- Increase your self-esteem, confidence, personal responsibility and self-motivation.
- Develop a sense of purpose and dirction in life
- Enhance your communitcations skills
- Learn academic techniques to improve your results
- Have better relationships with your parents, siblings, peers and teachers
- Improve your overall attitude towards life
What happens on discovery?
Day 1. Registration occurs and you meet the other teens ain your team. Also day one provides some tips about how to get the most out of the programme. After registration you will meet the staff.
Day 2. Find out what it takes to really "go for it" in your life and what support really means. Start the academic sessions and then take a good look at how we perceive other people and what we do to influence that. Top the night off with a dance party.
Day 3. Embark on a team adventure. A challenging outdoor ropes course. Experience setting goals and what it takes to achieve them.
Day 4. Build on your academic skills. Have some free time before an evening of looking at your relationship with your parents.
Day 5. Speed reading challenge! (on average you will learn to read three times faster). Then you will have a chance to question "Elders" in the Discovery Community about ANYTHING you like!
Day 6. Discover what you are really capable of achieving. Set goals for school and life and identify the support you need to make them happen.
Day 7. Now Discovery really begins - you take it home! Your parents arrive around 10am and spend the day learning about what you have experienced and how to support you when you go home together.